This was created by a team of 5 over the course of the 48 hour event. Click on the crown in the game menu for detailed credits of the team involved.
We ran out of time for a tutorial so the quick tutorial I’ll give you here (we told the participants at the jam this).
1. Click to move (you can even hold the mouse button down for a continual flight)
2. Fly into the power ups that the planets release to pick them up (you’ll change colour as long as you hold the power up)
3. Use the power ups on the bacteria by flying into the bacteria. Each one does different things!
4. Look out though! The Bacteria are each immune to certain weapons.
5. Protect all 3 of your planets as long as possible!
What we would do next to make it better (these were things we had discussed, but didn’t have time to implement):
1. We were definitely looking at refining any progression in the game so people would be more comfortable with it. To do that I would look at making the first few “waves” of enemies go through the three different enemies and weapons one by one, followed by giving the player the weapons that the enemies are immune to. Players can do it on their own now, but making sure it’s clear early on would be a nice gift to the player.
2. Add a scoring system so that players can compare scores, keep track of their progress, and try and do better next time.
3. Refine the feedback to players. We added a few things such as sounds and visual effect rings to let players know when they flew into bacteria, etc. but occasional players mentioned they would like more feedback in some regard. So making the feedback more effective would have been useful.